POGO – ITCOocean Training Program on “Ocean Observations to Societal Applications”: – 31 October – 05 November 2022
Organized by International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography (ITCOocean) ESSO-INCOIS, Hyderabad, India, in collaboration with Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
This course is being organized to develop capacity of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) from the Indian Ocean and the IO Rim countries incl. GOOS Members, POGO members, etc to making use of ocean observations for societal applications. The training is envisaged to contribute to the proposed outcomes of Ocean Decade on “A Predicted Ocean” and “A safe Ocean”.
- To provide the trainees with extensive theory and hands-on to various ocean observatories
- To impart the know-how from INCOIS experience and case-studies on how to put ocean observations to use for societal benefits
- To equip trainees with expertise on development of operational ocean information and advisory services.
- Knowledge and understanding to the ocean observations and it’s intertwining to the operational information and advisory services.
Target audiences include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Postgraduate students.
- Staff and researchers working on ocean observations and its applications
- Marine industry professionals
- Candidates should have a basic knowledge of marine properties and parameters and preferably be working in institution which has access to marine observations
- Seaworthiness (part of the training i.e., field sampling will be on a boat)
- Working knowledge of English.
- Participants should preferably bring their own laptops.
|Applications are open during:||16 August – 11 September 2022|
|Tentative announcement of selected participants:||19 September 2022|
|Course Dates:||31 October – 05 November 2022|
Click to apply:
There are no fees for this course
- Limited funding support is available for facilitating the participation of the applicants. Preference for funding will be given to the participants from Small Island Developing States (SIDS) from Indian Ocean, POGO Members, IOGOOS Members and other IO Rim countries.
- We encourage applicants to obtain alternative sources of funding either partially or fully to support their participation in the training program.
- Participants who seek funding support need to clearly describe the support they seek from course organizers and provide details of any co-funding secured in the relevant section of the application form.
- Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)
- Andhra University
- Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Kharagpur)
- Indian Meteorology Department (IMD)
- National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT)
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC)
- GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research, Kiel, Germany
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), USA
- SAEON/University of Cape Town, South Africa
The training course will be held at ITCOocean, Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), Hyderabad, India.
International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography (ITCOocean)
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)
(Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India)
“Ocean Valley”, Pragathi Nagar (B.O.)
Nizampet (S.O.), HYDERABAD – 500 090
Tel : +91 40 23895000
Fax : +91 40 23895001
E mail : email@example.com