POGO Member, GEOMAR (Germany), has received funding approval to support the 2021 Surface Ocean-Lower Atmosphere Study (SOLAS) International Summer School, to be held in Mindelo, Cape Verde, Africa. However, due to worldwide travel restrictions, the in-person Summer School on Cape Verde has been postponed from 2021 to summer 2023. Applications for this School will be reopened in summer/fall 2022.
The organisers are holding a virtual version of the School from 13-17 June 2022. The call for applications is open until 11 March 2022 – information can be found here.
The virtual and in-person SOLAS Summer Schools will make significant efforts to promote sustainability and diversity in science.
Please check the SOLAS Summer Schools’ website regularly for updates.
- Jessica Gier, GEOMAR/SOLAS, Germany
- Cordula Zenk, GEOMAR, Germany
- Corrine Almeida, Univ. Técnica do Atlantico, Cape Verde
- Katye Altieri, Univ. of Cape Town, South Africa
- Yoav Lehahn, Univ. of Haifa, Israel
- Vero Garcon, CNRS/INSU, France
- Andrew Lenton, CSIRO, Australia