A POGO-funded training initiative, held in Australia from 2-6 December 2019.
To train new members of the Global Alliance of CPR Surveys (GACS) in the methods they need to collect CPR samples from ships of opportunity.
- They first attended a 3-day GACS meeting in Hobart, Australia (25-27 Nov 2019)
- They then attended a 2-day Plankton Molecular Workshop in Hobart, Australia (28-29 Nov 2019)
- During the Plankton Molecular Workshop, they also spent time in the AusCPR lab in Hobart
- They then flew to Brisbane and attended CPR training for 1 week in the AusCPR lab there
- Day 1: Deploying CPRs from SOOPs.
- Day 2: Loading internals into CPRs
- Day 3: Fixing and maintaining CPRs
- Day 4: Counting phytoplankton samples
- Day 5: Counting zooplankton samples
|First name||Surname||Institutional affiliation||Country||Position|
|Marco||Worship||Department of Environmental Affairs: Oceans and Coastal Research||South Africa||Scientist (technician)|
|Octavio||Esquivel||Pós-grado em Oceanografia Biológica FURG; Biólogo Universidad de Costa Rica||Brazil||PhD student|